Little River Watershed Association Job Description –Coordinator
The AmeriCorps Coordinator of the Little River Watershed Association (LRWA) performs program, administrative, and community relations tasks that accomplish the mission, goals and objectives of the organization. The position reports to the LRWA President and the LRWA Outreach Coordinator and works with committee chairs and community volunteers.
15% Administrative Responsibilities
- Maintains LRWA Association files and records.
- Updates and maintains various mailing and donor databases.
- Documents project work and outreach efforts.
15% Financial and Fundraising Responsibilities
- Provides support for fundraising efforts.
- Assists in organization of fundraising events (ie. Ride for the River).
- Maintains fundraising records and documentation.
- Helps to provide acknowledgement of donors and volunteers.
20% Community Relations Responsibilities
- Communicates the purpose of the organization.
- Presents a positive image of the organization.
- Assists in the preparation of and issuing of event publications, newsletters, and other LRWA positions statements, responses, and media outreach.
- Assists with social media functions (LRWA website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Gathers data and communicates feedback to the Board of Directors.
- Attends Meetings on behalf of the Little River Watershed Association.
20% Volunteer Management Responsibilities
- Assists with development of the volunteer base
- Orients and trains volunteers for LRWA projects
- Assists the Board of Directors or other designated parties in the development of educational programs and training activities and materials.
- Coordinates and Trains Volunteers on Stream Monitoring Program or other volunteer outreach programs.
30% Program Development and Implementation Responsibilities
- Assists with development and implementation of public education programs that are congruent with the LRWA strategic plan for environmental outreach. Researches issues related to water quality and land-use planning.
- Assists with or independently conducts programmatic work (2015-16 Defined Work Areas: Stream Monitoring Program, Little River Watershed 101 including Stream School for Kids, in-school education programs, Quarterly Adopt a Stream, Spring Stream Cleaning 2016).
- Assists the Board of Directors by researching watershed issues, conducting surveys, and providing other time sensitive background materials.
- Assists with or works independently to fulfill grant objectives.
- Assists in Coordinating special events.