Love the outdoors!? This brand new position might be an excellent fit for you!
Aslan Foundation Park Ranger
Founded in 1994, the Aslan Foundation is focused on preserving and enhancing the natural beauty, assets and history of the Knoxville area and enhancing quality of life in the region. The Aslan Foundation has invested in preserving and restoring historic lands and properties most notably in South Knoxville; creating and restoring recreational spaces through initiation of the Trails Forever program with the Friends of the Smokies; and promoting animal welfare through ongoing support of Young-Williams Animal Center. In addition, the Aslan Foundation supports a variety of Knoxville area educational, social welfare and cultural endeavors with grant funding.
This position is designed to offer work experience and training for those who seek further employment in park or forestry service fields. Member will learn how to use power tools, small engine landscaping equipment, and the fundamentals of entry level “green” jobs associated with land management. The work will be physically challenging, the conditions can be tough, but the experience is rewarding.
- Removing by hand invasive plant species from Aslan Foundation properties and other areas as needed.
- Operating small-engine equipment (such as chainsaws, wood splitters, weed eaters, mowers, power washers, blowers, parking lot vacuums).
- Improving and creating new recreational trails.
- Cutting, splitting, and stacking firewood.
- Minor building and facilities maintenance such as painting, power washing, snow shoveling, and cleaning.
- Minor construction tasks such as fixing screens, windows, and doors, as well as trench digging and landscaping.
- Other duties as required by Facilities Manager or Executive Director.
- Effective oral communication.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs by self, and team lift objects weighing up to 150lbs (e.g. trees).
- Strong leadership potential.
- Team-first mentality.
- Safety-first mentality.
- Willingness to work with diverse populations.
- Willingness to tackle demanding physical tasks on short notice.
- Willingness to follow directions.
- Willingness to work in inclement conditions (heat, cold, rain, or snow).
Self-motivated Organized Outdoor enthusiast
Environmentally conscious Positive, mature, helpful attitude Responsible and dependable
The above functions may be completed with or without accommodations. The description lists the minimum duty requirements. Individuals may be required to perform additional positions duties as requested by their supervisor. Knoxville- Knox County CAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Positions are open to all people based on qualifications and will be treated equal with out regards to race, color, creed, sex, age, marital status, national origin, handicap, religion, sexual orientation or union affiliation.